Nursing Voices

Thursday, March 08, 2007

The 50-Yard Dash

Gearing up for another weekend.

Thinking, "I must be a sprinter."

Life is cyclical, and everything in my life seems to rotate through short bursts of activity.

This week, working out.

Last week, housecleaning.

Before that, writing.

Dieting.

Keeping in touch with friends.

Knitting.

Photography.

Some weeks (a lot of them during these dark winter months), I can't seem to accomplish or keep up with any of it.

I don't have the stamina to sustain any one of my endeavors consistently in the long run. I am not a long-distance runner. I don't know how some people do it.

They must drink a lot more coffee than I do.

I know what my constant is: procrastination. I'm an expert, and that one never fails me.

We all have our talents, right?

No comments: